This is how you can help improve the Spartabots Wiki:
- make articles more coherent and readable
- add missing information
- correct errors and typos
- update articles with new information
1. Get access
- Sign up for a GitHub account at github.com if you don’t have one already.
- If your username doesn’t contain your name, then put your real name in your profile so that other robotics members can identify you more easily.
- If you are a member of Skyline Robotics, request to join the Spartabots organization on GitHub. We will accept your request pretty quickly and give you access to this repository.
- If you are not a member of Skyline Robotics, fork this wiki’s repository and submit a pull request with any changes.
2. Learn Markdown
This wiki uses Kramdown, a superset of Markdown syntax, for formatting. It’s mostly similar to Github Flavored Markdown, with a few differences, but knowing Markdown should be enough.
In addition, there are a few specific formatting features on this wiki:
|Green text (good)||
||indents > spaces|
|Strikethrough red text (bad)||
||spaces > indents|
|Bolded and underlined red text (safety)||
|Flashing rainbow text (important)||
3. Make a change
Our file structure of Markdown files (end in .md) looks like this, not including the
├───_build │ ├───design.md │ ├───electronics.md │ ├───parts.md │ └───tools.md ├───_software │ ├───connectivity │ │ ├───configuring-the-radio.md │ │ ├───imaging-the-roborio.md │ │ ├───connecting-to-the-roborio.md │ │ └───configuring-cantalon.md │ ├───installation.md │ ├───organization.md │ └───java.md ├───contributing.md # this page └───README.md # the home page
You can edit any of these files, but please ask before creating a new page.
4. Review your change
Before committing, ask yourself these questions:
- Are there any grammar errors or spelling mistakes?
- Are there enough pictures or screenshots to explain?
- Pictures and diagrams for hardware
- Screenshots and wiring diagrams for software
- Is the page formatted nicely?
- Bolded key phrases
- Information in paragraphs
- Easy-to-scan lists
Make sure your commit message follows these guidelines:
- Short (recommended: less than 50 characters)
- Written in sentence case (starts with a capital letter)
- Good: Add information about wheels
- Bad: Add Information About Wheels
- Written in the imperative (like a command), not the past tense
- Good: Fix installation of NavX page
- Bad: Fixed installation page